Sunday, July 9, 2017

Ready to Leave

It's almost 9 AM. We were supposed to meet at Heritage University at 8 AM. I got here at 7:30. Me and Jose have been chillin'. I can't wait to show you the picture of my backpack and home-made trail mix. These are things that you will understand later. I was also supposed to bring a pillow. I have opted to use my jacket. Maybe this post should be called "shoulda-woulda-coulda" instead. I'm kinda worried because only half of us are here liberally. I'd say we have seven of our eleven students. And there are three of the seven high schoolers here. Currently, we're helping the high schoolers set up their blogs.

I have no idea where we're going today, I think Oregon... Jessica isn't here yet. I don't know where we're going over the next two weeks or how long we'll be at each place. As a part of my engagement in the environmental science program here, I also get to experience what it would be like to be a gypsy in nature. Awesome! I believe Deschutes National Forest is our first destination. I'm changing my name to Christian Gypsy.

..... It's now past nine. Jessica has arrived and she's freaking out. Trying to make sure everything in place. She said she'd be the scary one. I figure I'll just keep typing... I think Coalby has yet to arrive. And I think we're still missing four high school students. What if Coalby forgot?! How terrible would that be?



I'm pretty excited about Deschutes being our first destination. Jessica said we'd only be as far as three hours away the whole trip. We're starting with one that's four though. That's exciting! We should probably go outside and help keep Jessica sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment