Friday, July 21, 2017

7/15/17

Today, we woke up at an early hour again. We left around 9:30. We got to the McNary Dam around 12. My math is all pretty far off. I don't know how to recalculate. But I'm riding with Pedro today which is nice because he has windows and it's one-on-one. There's lots of room for meaningful conversation. It seems all he wants to talk about is God and I just can't get enough either even though I dead tired, I really appreciate the conversation. Jessica wants me to talk to him about my career path. I can't believe that he has all the answers but I'm willing to find some from him. Our conversation was just leading that way when we got to the laundromat. I'm pretty sure we have a minimum of three hours left to our drive but because the truck goes so slowly with the trailer. I can easily see it being four hours. Lots of time for talking. And sleep, I'm hoping. I'm hoping so much. I don't know why God made me with such a need for sleep. It really seems like a weakness. But if God did it, I think it's wise to follow suit. Life isn't supposed to be all about work.

Time is just flying today. I've been sitting with earbuds in to keep myself from being distracted and like I said, I'm less likable with less sleep so I am trying to keep my distance. I really need to just let go of myself and start focusing completely on others and God. 

 We're in Welpinit now. It's nice, very similar to Deschutes but warmer. We left the Laundromat at 4 PM yesterday. Jessica said it would be 2.5 hours and I bet it would be 4 hours. I was right. The drive was really awesome thought. I was super tired and I resolved to watch a super long video on YouTube but it started to put me to sleep so I turned it off and leaned back. Pedro was yawning though and Robyn gave me the impression that I couldn't sleep while Pedro drove so I turned the radio on and we started talking. The conversation was very engaging, it turns out Pedro is super spiritual so he loves talking about God. He has lots of interesting ideas, most of which I agree with, others or which are more abstract and I haven't considered.

We got here and set up our tents. I'm pretty far from everyone again today. And that turned out to be pretty scary later last night but I'll get to that later.-- grandmas home.

Alright, it's 9:30 PM now. Listening to "Come to the Table" by Sidewalk Prophets. Never heard it before, Sadonia's sitting across from me texting. It's quiet. We're waiting for the Aurora Borealis! If I see it, I just don't know what I'll do. Joel and I saw a shooting star the other night. I'm sure I already mentioned that... Jose's letting me use his laptop now.

So after we ate, several of us stayed at the table; Judy, Joel, and Jaynell and I sat and talked. Jay laid on the table and we watched the stars. After most of the lights were out, you could see way more stars. The conversation lulled and Joel asked me to prompt it further several times. First we talked about beauty and then we learned Jaynell's story. I've gotten a few of their stories alone in private but Jay was willing to share with us all. They briefly began to tell me about Stick Indians, or something scary. And then Ms. Trease told us to go to sleep because it was a half hour after she told us to be in our tents and we were laughing loudly. Judy and Joel needed to use the restroom so I accompanied them and then we sat in the parking lot instead of going to sleep. The conversation got deep again and we sat silently for a long while. I brought them back to their tents.


I considered sleeping in the hammock but I think that might be tonight instead or something. I am determined to sleep on the hammock. I went to my tent and prayed and tried to sleep then I heard this noise! I flinched, it was so terrifying. I thought it might be a demon or stick-indians so I rebuked them in the name of Jesus. I calmed down after that and turned to see what it was. I listened but I couldn't ... focus because people are playing Uno beside me!!! .... whatever it was waited for me to go to sleep before it came back. I'm guessing badger or large mouse creature. I have no idea. It was 2 AM at the earliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment