Sunday, July 16, 2017

7/16

I woke up at 10:45 AM! Half my day seemed gone. But I needed the sleep. We had breakfast at noon. We were chilling today. It was a lazy day. We did some geocaching that didn't go as well today and then we went to the lake. What lake? We've been to so many, I really should clarify which ones. I have no idea though. The three musketeers (Joel, Jose, and I) separate into a dynamic duo in the water because Jose can't swim.

Now we're sitting around listening to a song called "Lost On You". Good night :)

Oh wait!!! Jessica came to me sitting in the driveway and sat down with me. I thought that was so incredible. She just gets cooler and cooler every day. We sat together and talked personally. She's showing me part of who she is that she doesn't normally show in the professional environment. I just really love how supportive she is and how genuinely compassionate she is about all of us. She is so great. Shout out to Jessica Black, she's making all this possible. She is amazing <3

Our chill day. I guess after we blogged we ate and then we waited for the sun fart. I laid in the hammock for a long while. It was like 10 PM when they finally told me the lights weren't going to show up until midnight and they might not appear until 2 AM. So at midnight everyone who was still up gathered together and we walked a little ways and stared up. We all stood around and everyone was so giggly. Most of the kids were asleep but all the advisors were awake and the three musketeers. I finally laid down because someone said our necks weren't meant to bend that way. I think Jose joined me next and then Joel laid in the middle. Jose went to the bathroom and the advisers left. The advisers came back and sent Joel to sleep. So Jose came back and it was about 12:30 at the time. He said, "We better get to sleep." Because he's used to waking up at 5 AM. But I stopped him and asked him what his story was. He was one that I had to be slower with because he made it pretty obvious in the beginning that he was not going to pour out his heart to a friend he barely knows. But he shared and it was really awesome. We waited until 2 AM and there were no lights. I got to sleep around 2:30 PM. Carefully walking to my tent in the midst of the screaming coyotes and I played music until I fell asleep.

Another nice moment was with Joel and Judy and Jay. We were on the playground here and we swung on the swings like you do when you're a kid. And we balanced where we weren't supposed to. Scary and fun.

Oh man, I can't believe I almost spaced it! We went swimming. I love swimming. There was a coral for safety.... All I can think about is how tired I am. I just really need sleep. I am tired physically and emotionally and mentally. I don't know what I need.





1 comment:

  1. Dear Alexis: I have reading everyday that you post! Work is hectic, so I have not responded! I am so proud of you for venturing way outside your comfort zone! Pause! My fattest cat just jumped on the printer, knocking the skinniest one off and into my lap!End Pause! My husband and I spend five years of regular immersion with Yakama friends in sweat lodge. That experience deepened and healed both of us, especially my husband. I hope your trip continues to be amazing in all ways and realms. Mary J

    ReplyDelete